Man Burned While Praying Over Fajitas, Wants to Sue
There’s nothing unusual about praying before you eat your meal. A lot of people do it. Some people even hold hands with their families and bow their heads to say a couple words and thank the Lord for the food he has bestowed upon them. But if you are going to pray, make sure you are not bowing your head into a steaming plate of fajitas!
That’s what a New Jersey man did, and now he wants to sue the restaurant, an Applebee’s in Burlington County, for damages he incurred while praying.
What exactly happened? According to the man’s claims, he bowed his head down to pray and started hearing some strange sizzling and popping noises. He then felt his skin and eye burning.
The man bowed his head down directly over a steaming plate of fajitas. And that’s not it. After the initial shock of noticing that his face was being burned by the entree, he panicked and threw the dish off the table.
The problem was that the scorching food ended up landing on his lap and burning him even more. Thankfully, the burns were not too bad and there was no permanent scarring.
Even though the man has been trying to sue Applebee’s over this for the last five years, it’s not going to happen. The latest ruling in the case finally dismissed his lawsuit.
The man claims that Applebee’s should have warned him of how hot his fajitas were going to be, but the court seems to believe that common sense would say that, yes, they are probably pretty hot and you should probably been able to predict that on your own.